Monday, December 13, 2010

In Pictures: Thanksgiving dinner

Wow. It's been a while. I've been super busy. And I moved. And I have had some serious cook's block. It was bad. But, I've been cured! How? It was simple, really. All it took was two days of cooking for Thanksgiving- every foodies favorite holiday!

Day 1 was for baking:

Pumpkin cookies with butterscotch chips were quickly made into ice cream sandwiches.

That's the beginning of an apple tarte tatin which, along with the cookies, are courtesy of Joy the Baker. If you haven't checked her out you MUST. I want to bake with her and be her friend.

Day 2 was for everything else:

Stuffing with apples and Black Forest ham. A new (and delicious) recipe!

Brown sugar glazed sweet potatoes. You really don't need dessert when you have these.

I turned these butternut and acorn squash into a creamy and dreamy soup! MMM.

And FINALLY...the main event...Bacon wrapped turkey. That's all I have to say about that.

No comments: