Saturday, April 24, 2010

Buffalo Chicken Dip

Everyone knows that it's impolite to show up at a party empty handed. When I was little I brought a present for the birthday kid. When I was in college I brought a plastic handle of vodka (gross). Now, my go-to host/hostess gift is a bottle of wine. I always keep a few in the apartment so I can just grab one on my way out the door.


I've never heard anyone complain when I show up with alcohol but, what's even better is to surprise everyone with a delicious dish. My favorite crowd pleaser? Buffalo Chicken Dip. I could eat an entire platter of this in one sitting. But, I'd probably have a massive heart attack immediately after so I suppose it's better to share with friends. Thanks to my good friend Dana for sharing this with me so many years ago!


Dana's Buffalo Chicken Dip (no picture, sorry)


2 cups shredded chicken

3/4 cup diced celery

2 8oz. packages of cream cheese

1 cup blue cheese dressing

12 oz. hot sauce (Frank's Red Hot is best)


Sautee the celery with a little bit of butter in a large pan over medium-high heat. Once it's softened add the chicken and hot sauce and cook for one minute. Add the cream cheese and blue cheese to the pan and let the cream cheese melt half way. When it has melted transfer the mixture into a baking dish and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.


Serve with tortilla chips and celery.


1 comment:

Tarara said...

I always thought this was your delicious recipe. Send my thanks to Dana for her delectable treat!